maniac1075 Forum Index maniac1075
A message board for my website & all the other crap that goes on.
Menu
maniac1075 Forum IndexHome
FAQFAQ
MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Quick Search

Advanced Search

Links
Sample Link 1
Sample Link 2

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Google Search
Google

http://www.phpbb.com
My theories on Bert and Ernie

View previous topic :: View next topic  
VLRGA
The Little Sister Maniac Never Wanted

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject: My theories on Bert and Ernie Reply with quote

Yeah, Sesame Street was a TV show, but it probably had its movies, too. I figured the Movie Crap section was the best place to put this.

You've certainly heard the joke/rumor that Bert and Ernie are gay, right? Most people don't take it seriously (and some take it too seriously), but it always made sense to me. People seem to think you're nuts if you actually agree with it, but i'll explain my reasoning.

Since I was 12 or 13 (maybe younger), I held the theory that Bert and Ernie were really made to be a couple. After all, Sesame Street had a lot of lessons about diversity on it - there were people of all colors and ethnicities, and they even explained different holidays and cultures. If they were so into showing different types of people, couldn't they have easily worked a gay couple into the show? Of course, such things aren't totally accepted, so they kinda had to keep it low key.

"But they're only puppets!"
Yeah, but how many cartoon kid shows have episodes where the mom and dad have a new baby? Sure, they're not shown screwing, but that baby didn't come out of thin air. Bert and Ernie may not have genitals sewn onto their puppet bodies, but they represent two males.

"But they're not lovers, they're buddies!"Just because they were never shown doing anything romantic doesn't mean they didn't have a romantic relationship. Remember, they couldn't make it too obvious. Anyway, gay couples aren't just two people that screw constantly - don't they have fun and hang out without everything having to be sexually related? Especially if a gay couple is trying to keep it in the closet, they become a little more buddy-buddy in front of watching eyes.

"Bert was originally Ernie's dad!"
I just read this piece of trivia: Bert was supposed to be the adult or father figure among the twosome, but apparently, the creators (changing it before they ever went on air) thought they'd be better off as two adult friends. Hmm, Bert as a single parent with no mom around could be gay (heck, maybe he even would've adopted?), but making it so that he lives with a very close friend of the same gender that sleeps in the same room really seals the deal!

comments, anyone?
Maniac1075
Pro Wanka

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: My theories on Bert and Ernie Reply with quote

"LEAST WE DONT PUT PICTURES OF US ON THE INTERNET OF ANY OF US SITTING ON THE TOILET THAT OUR DADDY TOOK"

Maniac1075
Pro Wanka

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: My theories on Bert and Ernie Reply with quote

from area51http://www.area51newmexico.com/page2_index.html

Another thing to ponder ......
Reasons why Scooby Doo was a drug-influenced cartoon....

1. Scooby and Shaggy were always being freaked out by ghosts and ghouls, but no one else saw them before Scooby and Shaggy.

2. Scooby and Shaggy always had the munchies.

3. Shaggy always thought Scooby was talking and was the only one who could hear him and understand him.

4. Scooby and Shaggy always fell into the trap that was intended for the monster because they were tripping over themselves and couldn't see where they were going.

5. They were always deluded and warped by thinking they were dressed up in some costumes and entertained the monster.

6. Shaggy always said "like" to the extreme, i.e. "like ZOIKS, Scoob, let's get outta here!!" What's a zoik?

7. Scooby and Shaggy were always the ones in the back of the van (doing who knows what).

8. They drove around in the MYSTERY MACHINE, which had that weird trippy design on it's side.

9. Shaggy and Scooby were always giddy and laughing.

10. Look at Shaggy; the way he dressed, his goatee, etc., 'nuff said.

11. Shaggy's girlfriend was called Mary Jane....

VLRGA

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:41 am    Post subject: Re: My theories on Bert and Ernie Reply with quote

Maniac1075 wrote:
"LEAST WE DONT PUT PICTURES OF US ON THE INTERNET OF ANY OF US SITTING ON THE TOILET THAT OUR DADDY TOOK"

Always have to bring that up any time I make a point, don't you? I guess you just don't comprehend the beauty of toilet art. Laughing
Maniac1075
Pro Wanka

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: My theories on Bert and Ernie Reply with quote

*farts in your general direction* *SPLAT*..... WHOOPS!....QUICK, GET OFF, I NEED TO SIT ON IT AND CREATE MY OWN ART

tallgirl71

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you guys have waaaaaaaayyyyyy too much time on your hands!! Laughing My son had an Ernie doll he dragged around with him for years. I still have it on top of my dresser, so I have a soft spot for Bert and Ernie.
younglust

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHAHA...BERT AND ERNIE ARE GAY....I CAN SEE IT

:D Very Happy HI VAL Twisted Evil
VLRGA

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

younglust wrote:
: D Very Happy HI VAL Twisted Evil

Hiya Lusty! Very Happy
powdergirl
I dont like cocaine but I like the smell

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont know about bert and ernie being lovers..it creeps me out way to much to even think about it.... but in other sesame street news, The Count used to scare the livin shit out me...god he's one creepy ass motherfucker.. i used to picture his purple face peeking up over the edge of my bed beside me...YARRRG!!! im scared just thinking about it!!! Shocked
thunderhayes
I dont care about you, just about me

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hate sesame street, i think that show has subliminal messages that brainwash you, but they don't work,
VLRGA

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of subliminal messages?
Maniac1075
Pro Wanka

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VLRGA wrote:
What kind of subliminal messages?

Miss piggies tits teach the kids how to count to two!

VLRGA

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bert_and_Ernie

According to that, the Sesame Street people have always denied anything going on between them. But then again, they say to only believe something once it's been officially denied! LOL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    maniac1075 Forum Index -> Movie Crap All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: