maniac1075 Forum Index maniac1075
A message board for my website & all the other crap that goes on.
Menu
maniac1075 Forum IndexHome
FAQFAQ
MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Quick Search

Advanced Search

Links
Sample Link 1
Sample Link 2

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Google Search
Google

http://www.phpbb.com
First AC/DC album bought and when?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
VLRGA
The Little Sister Maniac Never Wanted

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: First AC/DC album bought and when? Reply with quote

It was about 2 months after I turned 13 in November 1999 that I bought Live (I think I got the special edition 2 Disc pack of Live last Summer). Anyway, at the time I thought it was the best thing I ever heard, and when I heard SUL was coming out in February 2000, I knew I had to get it. Looking back, those days (mostly spring/summer 2000)were kind of a fun time; I remember how happy I would be when I'd catch a song on the radio, and how I'd learn more and discover more as I heard new and different songs.
deed rape
Team Killing Fucktard

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first AC/DC album I bought was Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap in 1998 or '99, I don't remember which.
Maniac1075
Pro Wanka

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: First AC/DC album bought and when? Reply with quote

ummmm.....

My brother bought the LIVE SE on cassette. I had a bunch of tapes i'd always listen to and when driving in the car with him, when he had it on I think I really liked ARE YOU READY & TNT and the cannons at the end of FTATR.

So, that was maybe... 1991-1992? when the album was released.
and I remeber I tried to listen to the first cassette and thinking Thunderstruck sounded like shit, and I read it wrong and thought it was, "Thunders truck" and I thought the rest of that album sucked!!!!!!

I dunno what happend.. over the years I loved the second cassette.... Alice Cooper was my favorite artist tho.... and I leant the cassette to a complete and utter cockhead who i used to be friends with.... and that son of a bitch never returned it... he claimed he lost it... but a few months later we where driving with his brother in the car and he was playing the cassette... what happend was that fuckhead that is a prime egsample of why insiset is illeagel in most countries, GAVE the tape to his brother to keep.

but in the meantime before I knew that that egotisticle prick had given away MY tape, i'd gone to buy it on CD to replace it and I loved that fucking album, both sides.

All this was sometime during the period's of 1995 and 1996.

So, thats when I myself, bought my first AC/DC album. It soon followed by seeing a promo on tv to see AC/DC on the Ballbreaker tour in 1996 and I bought the Ballbreaker album when I decided to go the show with my brother and X-sister in law... I think I had bought most of the albums inbetween seeing them and when i bought LIVE SE (i didnt have H2H yet! I remember that) but after that night seeing AC/DC.... Alice Cooper stepped aside to the #2 spot and AC/DC has been #1 ever since!

FUCK! I've onyl been a real fan for 10 years??? Shit, feels like so much longer!

Viking

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First album I bought ever was If you want blood! when I was about 10 years old...in..eh..1994 I think
powdergirl
I dont like cocaine but I like the smell

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never actually bought a DC album....they have all been given to me. ......and no, this doesnt mean i love them less then you suckers who had to pay...heeheeheeeheeeee Twisted Evil
VLRGA

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who gave 'em all to you? Family members? Friends? Criminals on the run trying to dispose of their belongings that would weigh them down?
powdergirl

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my best freinds older brother gave me his entire collection when i first got into them, cause he saw how much i adored them.
and of course later in the years i got all cd's...usually for christmas.
Val, as ive told you a loooong time ago..my town has FUCK all for stores...there aint no CD buying here!!
VLRGA

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least you got what you wanted from somebody.

I don't really live in a town; I live along a highway, but within an hour radius there are 4 or 5 malls and Wal-Marts wherever there's enough people. I only ever remember seeing Blow Up Your Video on CD once in a store (but then again, after buying it, I didn't really look for it again). At that time, I knew it was one of the least popular of them all, but I figured it'd be a long time before I saw another copy, so I bought it. I've never done it, but it's probably possible to go to an entertainment store and order CDs/DVDs/etc. if you can't find it.
Maniac1075
Pro Wanka

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I love reveiwing shit on Amazon.com, and it's great navigation to find titles with ease, I DO NOT recomend anyone buying from that site. Everyone I know that's tried to get something off there site has been fucked over, never got the package, it was the wrong one or it just never shows up... and they wont refund anything.

Browse or reveiw at amazon, but dont buy anything from them.

When buying DVD's I strongly recommend http://www.dvdpacific.com I've got things from them a number of times and the service is excellent. There based in Florida, and even there international service is great! plus, check out there prices!!!! Cheap, cheap, cheap!!!!

powdergirl

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i find the easiest and cheapest way to get music, is to just illegally download it all. Twisted Evil
Maniac1075
Pro Wanka

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHAHA.... I used to use Napster, Kazza lite & MX... but it seemed every single time I downloaded something I ended up with viruses, shit files, bugs, errors ect..... when I had to get this peice of shit computer re-formatted a while ago I never bothered to re-install any of them psp programs. I think I have all the song's I wanted from the past, and nothing new is coming out that i'm interested in.

I have however been downloading massive files of bootlegs (see the topic of it for links) there the best sounding fucking bootlegs of AC/DC live stuff i've heard! (the ones from AC/DCfans.com are anyway, the other site could be anything)

y4e

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1980 hth
Powerage66
Don't bogart that joint

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1980 or '81 I bought LTBR, Powerage and HV at the same time.
VLRGA

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why'd ya buy three at a time?

I think the only time I bought more than one at once was when I got DDDDC and HTH. I think I was on a vacation and there was a CD store by where we were, and I was in the mood to spend. Twisted Evil
Powerage66
Don't bogart that joint

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the 3 at the same time because I could not make up my mind which one to buy. This was '81 or so and the albums were cheap. And I bought them at a grocery store of all places, Albertsons.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    maniac1075 Forum Index -> AC/DC All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: