maniac1075 Forum Index maniac1075
A message board for my website & all the other crap that goes on.
Menu
maniac1075 Forum IndexHome
FAQFAQ
MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Quick Search

Advanced Search

Links
Sample Link 1
Sample Link 2

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Google Search
Google

http://www.phpbb.com
Are remasters really neccesary?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thunderhayes
I dont care about you, just about me

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:01 am    Post subject: Are remasters really neccesary? Reply with quote

This is what I've often been wondering, sure, it helps get something out to a new audience, but a lot of times remasters aren't even done, but rather something is just re-issued with a louder sounding media, and labeled as a "remaster".

I'd like to get some of yalls opinions on this.
Maniac1075
Pro Wanka

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: Are remasters really neccesary? Reply with quote

well I thought some of the re masters sounded better. But I like it more when re-masters come with fucking bonus tracks, unlike AC/DC's which just had stupid fucking links to a site that has some bonus shit.... especially when dealing with a band who no one seems to have informed them that a CD will hold 80mins of material and not just what an LP's limit used to be.

The news about AC/DC having enough material to do a double album.... probably just means they have enough material to do a full CD this time! Hence the just over 40 minutes from the last album... 6 fucking years ago.

thunderhayes
I dont care about you, just about me

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: Are remasters really neccesary? Reply with quote

Maniac1075 wrote:
well I thought some of the re masters sounded better. But I like it more when re-masters come with fucking bonus tracks, unlike AC/DC's which just had stupid fucking links to a site that has some bonus shit.... especially when dealing with a band who no one seems to have informed them that a CD will hold 80mins of material and not just what an LP's limit used to be.

The news about AC/DC having enough material to do a double album.... probably just means they have enough material to do a full CD this time! Hence the just over 40 minutes from the last album... 6 fucking years ago.

Well many ariststs still don't use the full length of an album, but rather just use 40 - 70 minutes of length.

And vinyl still holds the same amount it always has, just around 45 - 50 minutes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    maniac1075 Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: