maniac1075 Forum Index maniac1075
A message board for my website & all the other crap that goes on.
Menu
maniac1075 Forum IndexHome
FAQFAQ
MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Quick Search

Advanced Search

Links
Sample Link 1
Sample Link 2

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Google Search
Google

http://www.phpbb.com
Dirty Diamonds

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Best Song On This Album
Women Of Mass Destruction
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
(She's) Perfect
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
You Make Me Wanna (Whoo Ooo Ooo)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Dirty Diamonds
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Saga Of Jessie Jane
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sunset Babies (They All Got Rabies)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Pretty Ballerina
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Run Down The Devil
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
(I'm Gonnah) Steal That Car
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Six Hours
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
(Your) Your Own Worst Enemy
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Zombie Dance
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
BONUS TRACK: The Sharpest Pain
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

Maniac1075
Pro Wanka

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Dirty Diamonds Reply with quote

Any one had a listen to Alice Coopers latest?

Last edited by Maniac1075 on Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:46 pm; edited 4 times in total

deed rape
Team Killing Fucktard

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't. Is it any good?
Maniac1075
Pro Wanka

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I like it.

Have you heard the album "From The Inside"? A few of the tracks sound like where missing from that album!!!

It has a classic hard rock feel to most if it. But it's nothing like the Hard Rock he's done in the late 80's early 90's like the Trash or Hey Stoopid album.... everything is more back to the roots of the mid 70's hard rock sound he had. He really has returned to his roots and givin up trying to sound modern and gone back to the sound the original fans loved.

There is a couple of newer sounding sonds tho, but they actualysound good.... 'cause no matter what style of music Alice is doing, he always makes the best it can be. Also in the mix of rock is a 60's sounding kind of Beatles style song, real melow and acid tripping hippies would probably go back in time and remember the high old days with it. Also there is a rock/gangsta rap song which is ok and a country song about a cross dresser named Jessie Jane who kills someone!!!! Alices humour is all over it.

I didnt think much of the album the first time I played it.... but like just about any Alice (and ALL AC/DC's) once you give it a couple of listens the tunes start to grow on you.

I wouldnt say it's like the last album:"The Eyes Of Alice". Tho the 2 albums are both hard rock, the Eyes album has more attitude and a deeper sound, where as this album has a 60's/70's hard rock sound.

Overall: 4 out of 5

angusrocks5

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im gonna have to go with steal that car, close between that and run down the devil for me.
Maniac1075
Pro Wanka

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

angusrocks5 wrote:
im gonna have to go with steal that car, close between that and run down the devil for me.

Yeah, that songs pretty good. It's one of the best overall albums i've heard in years....welcome to the board!

angusrocks5

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i definatly like the album. I saw him on thour twice, once for the dirty diamonds tour and it was awesome. Got about 15 rows from the stage so didnt catch any of the necklaces he was throwing or anything else but Alice Cooper is great in concert. I dont have that many of his albums, only a few and a DVD. Thanks for the welcome, I wasn't expecting it because of the way noobs are usually treated lol Twisted Evil
Maniac1075
Pro Wanka

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have alot of his albums, not too many I can say suck.... I didnt like Dragon Town much and Schools Out I just couldnt get into. Apart from those I think every other album is a gem. But I dont have alot of the late 70's early 80's albums when he went towards the pop/techno/trance era... DaDa was really pusing it and I havent heard anything from then to Raise Your Fist, idont think.

I'm trying to get a copy of GOES TO HELL, but i'm not paying $30 Aus for it.

Noobs and boobs are always welcome, just no Michael Jackson fans, Cher look-a-likes or people who think Bette Midler can act.

angusrocks5

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didnt realize Goes to Hell was that hard to find, got mine a couple christmas' ago, same with the record

Angus Young
Maniac1075
Pro Wanka

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

angusrocks5 wrote:
I didnt realize Goes to Hell was that hard to find, got mine a couple christmas' ago, same with the record

it's not at all hard to find here, it's just the places i've seen it at want about $27 for it, when a regular normal album thats new is between $21 to $25 here rrp and usualy they end up sold at about $17.99 on average anyway from a place i go to.

they claim GTH is imported so they think its a good excuse to ask twice as much as what it's worth, but i even pointed out to the chick who ran that section in the store that it was at, that if you look at just about any one of these albums by any artist here you see they are all imported titles and even she said it's bullshit to ask for that price its just what there told to sell it for.

I downloaded that whole album, and i'm actualy glad i didnt pay for it... it's one I might pick up if its ever being thrown away in the cheapie bin, just to add it officialy to the collection, but if I really really wanted it, i'd just order it from [url]http:/www.dvdpacific.com[/url] and get it for just under $9, plus shipping and handling... but it wasnt a favourite album to listen to for me.

i'm not spamming or anything, but that sites a pretty damn good place to buy dvd's or cd's if you purchase them online.

P.S: That post was a long time ago, I have all of his albums now, including the Life & Crimes... some albums are just downloaded, but the ones I downloaded and liked I went and bought anyway for better quality

angusrocks5

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, I've given in to the high prices to get the albums I want now because a lot of them are foreign bands that are really hard to find. Yeah I realize that was a long time ago, havnt really been checking this site, must have forgotten about it

Angus Young
Maniac1075
Pro Wanka

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

angusrocks5 wrote:
Oh yeah, I've given in to the high prices to get the albums I want now because a lot of them are foreign bands that are really hard to find. Yeah I realize that was a long time ago, havnt really been checking this site, must have forgotten about it

I feel like i've been ripped off for years on some of those more expensive albums... taking Alice Cooper albums for example, I cant beleive an album like Trash is always found here for under ten bucks, and then a crappy one of his is about 25 bucks. (roughly 7bucks US for Trash, and about 17 for the other)

But one I felt was worth paying a little extra for was the Billion Dollar Babies remaster with an extra disc and a few extra tracks added. I didnt feel ripped off by that one, but the other Billion Dollar Babies album I got I did feel ripped off by, it was the original album, it just had this thing written all over it that it would play on the DVD player, and the DVD content was one clip of the title and supposedly an interveiw with Alice somewhere that I couldnt find.... but least it was only about 20 bucks, they reduced the price cause it sat there for a year and no one would pay 35 bucks for them.

I've been eyeing out a Tesla dual disc called, "standing room only" and the price of it is almost 40 bucks!!!! the album as a normal album is under ten bucks, if they released a normal DVD of it im sure it would be under 15... i dunno where they get the nerve to ask for 40 bucks for it.

angusrocks5

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im sure they'll reduce that one by lots too as soon as they figure out no ones buying... its just time consuming the way they make you wait for the price reduction, that part gets annoying...

Angus Young
Maniac1075
Pro Wanka

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

angusrocks5 wrote:
Im sure they'll reduce that one by lots too as soon as they figure out no ones buying... its just time consuming the way they make you wait for the price reduction, that part gets annoying...

Yeah I know, its only ever the ones i want that never get reduced... I think they must secretly watch me in the store and see which cd's I keep checking each time to make sure they dont alter its price.... but Go To Hell did recently get reduced, it went from something 27.99 to 25.99! It's been there about 3 years, maybe in another 3 years it will come down to 22.99! ha

Post new topic   Reply to topic    maniac1075 Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: